Monday, October 29, 2012

Arrival!

Wahoo I arrived! Limo services, buses, parks, shows, and of course lifeguard training. I got on the plane around 7:10 am on a Sunday morning and got all the way here to Orlando Int. around 10:10. I dealt with a problem with the bus that was supposed to take me to Disney's All Stars Sport Resort and arrived with 9 hours to spare. After a much needed lunch on an all expense resort card. I took a calling of adventure up Mt Everest, and down in the jungles with the festival of the lion king. I laughed, I cried, met some wonderful people and crashed after a long day.

Theater Reviews:

Festival of the Lion King:
The Festival of the Lion King is a wonderful stage show that I truly recommend to any visitor heading to Disney's Animal Kingdom. Combined with humor, dance, song and acrobatics, this high energy show takes us through a musical journey of Disney's the Lion King. The stage that this show is set on an arena style seating where the seats surround the action. The stage is set when four completely talented singers come and greet the crowd energizing them and preparing them for the spectacle to come. The set pieces move fluidly into place and are continuously being transformed into different sets for the different musical numbers. Musical numbers include: Welcome, Circle of life, I just can't wait to be king, Hakuna Matata, Be Prepared, Can you feel the Love Tonight, and In the Jungle (Finale).

Score Card:
Set: 9.5 (very creative and clever)
Makeup: 6 (A bit sloppy on a few characters)
Costuming: 7 (Some were show stoppers other were... "Really?")
Content: 34 of 40
Music: 9 (Awesome blending of the four voices and each voice had a solo song)
Dance: 7 (The two birds were awesome, movers? not so much)
Acrobatics: 10 (I wish I could do what they did; Floor, Trampoline, Rings, Bar Work, Trapese, Stilts, Ariel)
Story: 8 (Continuitive and yet condense enough to maintain younglings attention)


Beauty and the Beast: 
I walked up to this ride mainly because it was my favorite disney movie.... alright, I admit it, I have a huge crush on Belle. I mean if she can fall in love with a beast it means I have a chance right? (Bwa ha ha :-)) The set was simple and direct although I was left with the feeling that they could have done more. (They have a actual broadway stage show right? Which was absolutely awesome! I recommend it.) The costumes and actors were fair and some didn't quite make sense.... Pink dresses for the chorus at the end? Don't remember that in the story. The plot took off at lightning speed and didn't show or explain how Belle got to the castle or why she left the castle towards the end. Needless to say I was highly disappointed. Recommendation status?: Maybe attend this show if you need to kick up your feet for 30 mins.


Score Card:
Set: 7 (needed more)
Makeup: 6 (Was there any?)
Costuming: 5 (nothing wowed me)
Content: 20 of 30
Music: 9 (Belle and Gaston were the only ones singing and they were good)
Dance: 7 (Had some awesome moments of great technique but then moments of urg)
Story: 4 (Missing so many important sections)

More to come!

1 comment:

  1. Bit strict on the scores? It's Disney, so they focus more on the characters bringing in the business than the makeup and costumes, because what little kid is gonna care that the chorus wore pink dresses; minus you.

    ReplyDelete