Monday, November 26, 2012

End of training week one….


So I have to put the following statement on my Blog.
My Blog doesn't represent disney or speak for disney in any way shape or form. All the ideas and comments are my own. 

End of training week one….
My traditions team arrived! I have a wonderful group of people to hang out with and begin my adventure with Disney Cruise line with. Everyone is pretty much from the US in my traditions class which is very rare I hear…. We have gentleman from Italy, Portugal, South Africa, England, and one I can't remember as I am writing this. Today what we did was set up our paperwork with the shoreside HR department. Then off we adventured into the parks, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Downtown Disney, and Epcot. Yes we did accomplish 3-4 parks in one day. We had an amazing time bonding and overcoming the awkwardness of starting off with a clean slate. Rides we rode included: Everest, Festival of the Lion King, Aerosmith, Tower of Terror, Star Tours, Muppet 4d theater, Maelstorm, Flying, Nemo, Spaceship Earth, and Ended the day off with a wonderful firework display called Illuminations. 
On Saturday we sat through an 8 hour class on the history and traditions of Disney; How it came to be and how it has evolved into one of the most trusted entertainment companies in the world today. It was a very inspiring presentation complete with an underground tour of the Magic Kingdom Utilidor. (Utility/ Corridor) It is a maze of underground passage ways that allow workers to Pop up in their correct locations for work. So the magic isn't disrupted by someone who works at space mountain walking through Pirates.
We spent a ton of time covering the four basics of Disney: Safety, Show, Courtesy, Efficiency. The way that the parks are run, and every policy follows these guidelines to preserve the magic and show of Disney. After this my team and I spent the rest of the night in Magic Kingdom and the thrills of Space Mountain, Enchanted Fairytales with Belle, Haunted Mansion, and the Fireworks display! Where Tinkerbell really flys! More updates to come soon.

-Gordon Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment