Friday, November 30, 2012

1st week on the ship:


1st week on the ship:

Oh my stars; that is all I got to say… Oh My STARS. we got done with the fireworks and Magic kingdom around 11:45pm and we booked it home to pack and get out of our hotel rooms by 4:45am the next morning. Which for all of us we only slept a couple hours, if we did that. We were all extremely excited for ship life and the start of our ship lives. 

The first week was dedicated to training, training, and ill let you guess, more training. First things first. Safety: On the ship safety is the first priority and the absolute most important thing on the boat. The thing they kept stressing to us is that when there is an emergency on the ship who do you call? No one really help is thousands of miles away. So we have to be fully capable of handling every emergency. Fires, medical,  water intake, and many more. So our training consisted of us understanding what our role is on the ship (which is randomly given to us by number). I happen to be only responsible for myself because I am only going to be on the ship 4 days out of each month. But several of my other class mates are on the oxygen teams, Lift teams, and traffic control. Which is more training than I endured. 
Part of the information that we are required to know is how many life boats (16) Capacity (270), Life rafts (70) Capacity (35), Guests 4000, Crew 1400, Gathering stations for crew and guests. Fire Zones, Stair cases, Fire doors, Call points. Emergency phone numbers, Action plans, alarms, drills, survival training, and so much that I can't think of at the moment. I had training on costuming, ship guidelines, environment, guest relations, crew relations, drugs and alcohol policies (which we are subject to the breathalyzer at any time and we need to be below like .05 at all times or something really close to that. Which I am happy about :-) ) 
I have had some amazing experiences and opportunities since I have been here as well, we got to see wreck it ralph the day before it came out. We had a late night in port in Nasseu which we got to get off ship for a couple hours and I got to ride the Aquaduck! This is such an amazing experience. I am out seeing the world I can't wait to see the island and having a steady schedule!

-Gordon

No comments:

Post a Comment